Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 2 - Blog Post #3 - Response to Jennifer Kubeczko



Thank you so much Jennifer for posting this video.  I loved it.  I was inspired by the 21st century way of teaching at the beginning of the school year, so I allowed my students to "free range" art.  We were talking about recycling and they proposed that we recycle by creating sculptures out of trash.  They collected the trash and built their own ideas.

I was a bit discouraged when my principal said "that doesn't look like to usual art that comes out of your classroom".  I told him about the project being student lead and he discouraged me to change my lessons because the artwork wasn't as beautiful:( as it was when I guided the lesson.

This video has inspired me to reconsider another student lead lesson 21st century style.  Thanks Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment