Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week 4 - Blog post #3 - Response to Amy Barnabi

Amy posted:





Amy Barnabi_Week 3_CH 7-9_Art of Possibility

One of the things I like most about the book, "The Art of Possiblity" is that it doesn't just apply to one thing in life, but to all things in life.

I was reminded in CH 7, The Way Things Are, "Where are you on the continuum?" About a conversation I had with Dr. Deason earlier this week. Dr. Deason thought that I was measuring way too much with my THIINKFit© Project. He said to "narrow my scope." And that has really made a lot of difference in the way I've been approaching my project this weekend, focusing on just two important keys: 1. Attendance (Can the THIINKFit© Project increase attendance?), and 2. Increasing academic achievement scores in standardized testing (math and reading), through exercising five days a week, twenty minutes a day. So I ask myself, "Where am I on this continuum?" I'd like to think, as this year at Full Sail comes to a close, that I feel confident in my research and the direction my project has taken (often on its own). And much like undergraduate school, I'm confident that I'm now ready to face the world!

Another thing that Dr. Deason and I discussed, that reminded me so much of that conversation while reading this weeks reading, was not to temper my enthusiasm into falsifying any data I may collect. I have a great deal of energy and passion for this project, and sometimes, it's very hard to take that out of the equation. But I've learned that my data is backed up by current research, and as luck would have it, Michelle Obama's push to fight childhood obesity with Let's Move, and Jamie Oliver's "Food Revolution," I see nothing but positive things ahead for THIINKFit©.







I responded:


Amy I appreciate you writing about your AR project because it helped me with mine:). I was worried that I wasn't measuring enough areas, because I was focusing on student behavior and engagement. I'm glad things are turning out well for you as you finish up. Can you believe we are one month away from being done!! I can't it has been a wild ride. Amy you have a heart for kids and I really like that about you. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment